The data has arrived and for many we may not be surprised that domestic violence is on the increase during these difficult times. Our personal relationships have taken on a number of new challenges with the current orders to stay at home. We all know that anxiety and emotions are high, and this can lead to a pathway of displaced anger.
Here are some tips to help your relationship survive the current crisis:
- Openly communicate your feelings of being anxious
- Work on listening to the concerns of each other
- Respect each other’s space
- Take a time-out when necessary – social distancing can mean another room
- Reassure each other that this is hard, but it will also get better! Hope is essential!
Stay healthy, safe and civil!
From your friends at NCPCV.