By Bobby Kipper – Executive Director, NCPCV
The data has arrived and for many we may not be surprised that domestic violence is on the increase during these difficult times. Our personal relationships have taken on a number of new challenges with the current orders to stay at home. We all know that anxiety and emotions are high, and this can lead to a pathway of displaced anger.
Here are some tips to help your relationship survive the current crisis:
- Openly communicate your feelings of being anxious
- Work on listening to the concerns of each other
- Respect each other’s space
- Take a time-out when necessary – social distancing can mean another room
- Reassure each other that this is hard, but it will also get better! Hope is essential!
Stay healthy, safe and civil!
From your friends at NCPCV.